Austin Burns, a recent graduate, started medical school at Johns Hopkins this fall. His story to how he got there begins in a small town in Montana and the dream of becoming a physician. He shared his experience in a video and credits PHPL Advising for helping him gain admittance to medical school. Read more…
The Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) newsletter is your source for information about this College of Undergraduate Studies program. This edition features profiles of Wayne Bowen, Ph.D. the new director of IDS and Sergeant Joel Skinner a 2017 IDS graduate who is deployed with the United States Marine Corps.
- This fall, enrollment topped 66,000.
- For the third year in a row, the average GPA of incoming freshmen at UCF was a school-record at 4.05.
- UCF ranked 11th among U.S. public universities for new National Merit Scholars enrolled in 2016-17.
- At UCF this fall, the average SAT score for our freshman class is a 1318, compared to a national average of 1060.
- Freshmen minority enrollment this fall has reached an all-time high of 45 percent.