Spring 2017 Textbook Ordering Deadlines:
- October 16 – Bookstore incentive date
- October 24 – 75-day reporting
- November 8 – 60-day final deadline
- November 23 – State’s 45 day deadline
Textbook Adoption:Pursuant to the Florida Board of Governors’ Regulation 8.003 Textbook Adoption, textbook orders must be completed and posted at least 45 days prior to the first day of classes for each term. A request for an exception to the deadline must be submitted on a Request for Exception to Established Textbook Ordering Deadline form (see below) and include extremely strong justification for an exception. This form must be approved by the department chair or director and the college dean prior to submitting it to the provost for final approval.
Coursepacks are book chapters, journal articles, illustrations, notes, reading materials, etc., used to supplement or supplant traditional textbooks. Instructors of record must supply one copy of all coursepacks to the UCF Bookstore or Computer Store, as appropriate, four to eight weeks before the start of classes. The UCF Bookstore or Computer Store will reproduce the materials and make them available for any student desiring them. See *UCF Policy 4-405.1 Coursepacks.
*The adoption timeline in the coursepacks policy is being revised to coincide with current deadlines.
Online Textbook Ordering:
Online textbook ordering allows you to:
- Submit textbook orders 24/7.
- Copy department or office managers on orders.
- View history of textbook orders.
- Find information on textbooks previously used for a course.
- Search a textbook database for available books.
How to order textbooks online:
Prevent Textbook Order Delays:
There are a number of recurring issues that impede completion of textbook orders and the mandated posting of textbook requirements on the UCF Bookstore website. In order to increase the chance that the textbooks will be ordered, posted, and available for students by the appropriate deadlines, make sure to:
- Avoid changes to textbook orders after initial adoption.
- Notify the UCF Bookstore when no textbook purchase is required.
- Order custom books and bundles several weeks before the adoption deadline.
- Select books for adjuncts who will be hired late.
- Include complete contact information on order forms.