Please note that students will no longer be required to be enrolled at UCF to receive their associate’s (AA) degree. If you are enrolled at UCF you will receive your AA diploma once grades are posted and degrees are certified. This could take up to 8-12 weeks following the posting of final grades.
If you are not enrolled during the semester you request the AA, you will receive the degree designation on your official transcript once all degrees are certified following the end of the semester regardless of your enrollment status. You can then request an official transcript or a copy of the AA diploma via the Registrar’s Office website. Fees are required for each transcript ordered and/or copy of the diploma.
An AA degree is awarded only upon application. Applications are accepted three times per year: the first day of classes for Fall semester (August), the first day of classes for Spring semester (January), and the first day of classes for the Summer semester (May). Applications must be submitted one month from the first day of class. Applications for the Summer 2021 semester will be accepted from May 16, 2021, through June 16, 2021. Applications must be received by the close of the business day on June 16, 2021, no exceptions.
Following the posting of final grades at the end of the term, the College of Undergraduate Studies will certify eligible students for their AA degrees and notify the Registrar’s Office. The degree is awarded approximately 6-8 weeks after the semester graduation date regardless of enrollment status.
An AA degree will not be awarded if you have filed an Intent to Graduate for your baccalaureate degree or in any term following the completion of the baccalaureate degree.
To receive an AA degree that is awarded by the College of Undergraduate Studies, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum 2.0 UCF GPA as well as minimum 2.0 overall GPA.
- Complete UCF’s General Education Program requirements (36 hours minimum).
- Satisfy Gordon Rule writing and math requirements.
- Complete at least 60 total credit hours.
- Have competency in a foreign language equivalent to two years of high school instruction in the same language.
- Complete at least 30 credit hours in residence at UCF. Students may not be transient during the semester in which they apply.
- Satisfy Civic Literacy requirement. For detailed information regarding this requirement, please visit undergrad.ucf.edu/req/civic-literacy.
To request an AA degree, please visit the link below. Upon landing on the page, follow the instructions provided.
- Visit ucf.service-now.com/ucfit.
- Click on “Request a Service.”
- Log in with your NID and password (if prompted).
- Click on “AA Degree Request” and fill out the form.