Scholarship Selection Process
The scholarships recipient will be selected based on the following established criteria:
- Applicant must be enrolled at the UCF as a full-time student.
- Preference will be given to students who are juniors or seniors when receiving the award.
- Applicant will have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
- Applicant will have demonstrated leadership and/or activism within the LGBTQ community.
- The criteria for awarding the scholarship will be consistent with the guideline established by the University Office of Student Financial Assistance.
The scholarship selection committee is comprised of UCF faculty, staff and administrators from the LGBTQ Pride Faculty & Staff Association and one representative from the College of Undergraduate Studies Dean’s Office, or in the absence of such an organization, an appropriate alternative committee designated by the college. The committee will review applications and forward the recipients for the scholarship awards to the appropriate UCF administrator.